Although it’s only March 1st, April is waving from around the corner. Ahh April, such a glorious month: mud, dirty snow, and taxes, taxes, taxes. This morning I awoke determined to organize the chaos of the prior year. Juice, coffee, and cereal (who needs cups and bowls) were my companions. The sun broke dawn, only to be obliterated by clouds. Yes, a perfectly lovely day for taxes. I hope you will understand that I am keeping this post short: the tax forms have sucked all creativity from my brain. But I don’t want to leave you entirely bereft, so I have scoured the web for tax anecdotes to keep you amused. Here are some fun ones that should get you off track so that you can continue to anticipate doing your taxes for yet another day:
- For Math Geeks: Dan Mitchell shares the TaxProf Blog‘s IRS Form for the Quadratic Formula.
- PG-13 Auditor Joke: Also from Dan Mitchell, Auditing a Synagog.
- Perhaps cartoons are your schtick? Here’s a couple of good tax-time cartoons from David Albrecht (that last cartoon looks so familiar…).
- Looking for some quick quips? Wife.org give a list of humorous tax quotes and jokes.
- Finally, for a primer on teaching your kids about taxes, here’s a quick lesson from comedian Tim Slagle: