Congratulations to the USA Women’s National Soccer Team as they celebrate their CONCACAF Championship tonight, October 26, 2014. USA outscored Costa Rica 6-0 in Chester, PA. In addition, by besting Mexico in the semi-final, they captured one of 24 spots in the 2015 Soccer World Cup.
Also representing CONCACAF at the World Cup in June 2015 will be Costa Rica, Mexico (who advanced after defeating Trinadad and Tobago), and Canada, who secured a space automatically as the host of the 2015 World Cup.
Tonight’s USA win over Costa Rica (6-0) made its mark for several reasons (source: CONCACAF):
- Abby Wambach’s 18 goals in World Cup Qualifying broke Michelle Akers’ USA record
- Wambach’s four goals tonight set a record for most goals scored in a final.
- This year, USA scored the most goals by a single team in CONCACAF history.
- Costa Rica competed in its first CONCACAF final.
Next up: Trinadad & Tobago will get one last shot at a World Cup spot when they play Ecuador in Ecuador (unspecified time).
Game of the week:
CONCACAF USA Results and Semi-Final Schedule
Other CONCACAF Facts and Links
- For a full progress report, see the CONCACAF results and standings.
- USA is the favorite to take the top CONCACAF slot in the 2015 World Cup. But soccer brings out the best (and the worst) of these world class teams, so we have to wait and see…
- Hope Solo, rostered for the CONCACAF.
- FOX Sports Schedule
Other CONCACAF Links:
FIFA Women’s World Cup Canada 2015 Information and Links:
- World Cup Facts
- Host Cities
- Best place to find out about the FIFA Women’s Wold Cup Canada 2015
- Group drawings for the 2015 World Cup Brackets will take place on 12/6/2014.
- Canada’s Schedule is found at the Ticketing Guideline page
- Turf Wars