Last night I was enjoying dinner with a friend, when she reminded me that today, the first of October, is the beginning of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. In honor of the month, and my kind friend, here are a few ways to help fight breast cancer:
- Starting with the most obvious: Dump a bucket of ice water over your head and send ten dollars (or more) to your favorite cancer fighting organization.
- Read Funny You Should Ask by T. L. Matteson (see April Book Review) for insight.
- Get a mammogram every year. If its been more than a year, make an appointment today.
- Search on-line for ways to battle breast cancer. My search yielded 22 Ways to Help A Friend with Breast Cancer.
- Call a friend who is fighting, or has fought Breast Cancer and say ‘hi’. Bonus points if you offer to give a ride to an appointment.
- Take care of your health. The Mayo Clinic provides a list of healthy habits to help prevent cancer.
- Take part in a Making Strides Against Breast Cancer event.