- Open Word
- Change to Landscape (Page Layout, Orientation, Landscape)
- Select both photos to bring into your word document (Insert, Picture, Navigate to the photos, highlight them and click ‘Insert’).
- Resize the pictures so that they fit side by side on one page. You can: (a) resize by clicking on the photo and then clicking on the circles at the corners or straight edges and dragging, (b) turn the photos by clicking on the photo and using the lime green circle, (c) crop by clicking on the photo, click Format and click on the crop tool way over to the right.
- Then you can add captions by just typing the before and after information, or you can get creative with Word Art.
When your side-by-side photos are ready to go, it is time for your Snipping Tool. I use this tool so often that I have it pinned to my task bar.
To find and use your Snipping Tool:
- Click the Start Menu, All Programs, Accessories, Snipping Tool.
- When the tool first opens it assumes you are ready to ‘Snip’.
- Click on the upper left-hand corner of your photo montage and drag to the bottom right-hand corner. Your photos are now ‘snipped’.
- In the Snipping Tool, select File, Save As, make sure that “Save as type” is set to ‘JPEG file’.
- Navigate to the folder where you want to save your new picture. Name your file. Click Save.
You now have a new side-by-side picture to use as needed.